Thursday, September 3, 2009

ALL Beings?

The other night, as I was brushing my teeth, I leaned over the basin and let a dollop of toothpaste infused saliva fall from my mouth. Too late I saw the tiny green bug upon which--plop--the white glob fell.

I felt bad.

At first, I tried removing the mess with my finger but my spit was so sticky and the bug was so small. Then I got the idea of gently using an ear swab to pick the whole conglomeration, bug and all, up with one deft swirl. I put it into a small bowl and rinsed the bug clean and then, using the other end of the swab, picked it up and put it on a dry spot on the counter.

When I got up in the morning the bug was not where I left so I thought, "maybe I saved it."

That night, sitting with Margaret on out patio eating supper, I felt a mosquito bite. One slap and it was dead.

What kind of mind is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment